High Yield is an exclusive training programme, sponsored by Deutsche Bank and run by Rare, for brilliant students who are interested in financial services. The programme is open to students from any discipline, who are in their first year (or second year on a four year course) at any university. It is aimed at students who are in receipt of means-tested grants and bursaries, or those who experience other forms of social disadvantage.
Competition for summer internship places is fiercer than ever. The application and interview process is rigorous. Designed to test both attitude and aptitude, Deutsche Bank uses a range of assessment tools including situational judgement tests, competency-based interviews and group exercises.
You will attend a series of group workshops and one-to-one meetings which will introduce you to the skills and knowledge required, not just for the application process itself, but also for a successful career in financial services.
Deutsche Bank’s in-house events will involve a wide range of Deutsche Bank employees from a variety of areas providing students with exceptional networking and learning opportunities. The group events will include case study exercises, in-depth overviews of Deutsche Bank’s business divisions and infrastructure functions, interactive learning activities and workshops on application and interview skills. The one-to-one meetings will create a tailored plan for each student and will include discussions about current financial news.
The programme will also include work shadowing opportunities (in September) which will give you a first-hand of what life is like working in an Investment Bank. Depending on availability, you will be able to choose to work shadow from one of the following divisions/areas.
- Corporate Finance provides the full range of products and services of a leading global investment bank. Our clients include large-cap and mid-cap corporates, financial institutions, governments, government agencies and financial sponsors.
- Markets is dedicated to building long-term, sustainable relationships with the bank’s key corporate and institutional clients. It combines a market-leading institutional sales force, world-class research with trading and structuring expertise to provide clients with access to liquidity and customised solutions across a wide range of markets, products and regions.
- DWS is a fully integrated Asset Management business with strong client offerings across Alternatives, Active and Passive platforms, we can deliver the full breadth of these capabilities under a single global identity.
- Global Transaction Banking is a leading global provider of cash management, trade finance and securities services, delivering the full range of commercial banking products and services for both corporates and institutions worldwide.
- Technology is responsible for the bank’s entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank’s business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank’s IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
This programme will run for two consecutive days in July in Deutsche Bank’s London offices, as well as two consecutive days in September. Please note that all travel expenses will be paid.
Please read below the following testimonials from former High Yield Participants
“The High Yield Programme helped me to secure a summer internship with the Asset Management Division (DWS) at Deutsche Bank. I was able to gain an in-depth insight through presentations from the different divisions which allowed me to understand what differentiated DB from its competitors, the cultures and values at DB and thus why I wanted to apply for the internship. In this programme, I was given the opportunity of shadowing an investment banking associate which showed me what a working day at DB was like. Although it confirmed that the investment banking division wasn’t for me, I was able to network with the team I was placed in and learnt a lot about Deutsche Bank. The invaluable coaching, I received from Rare Recruitment allowed to identify my weaknesses during the summer and work on them in preparation for my interviews and enabled me to be successfully get a summer internship offer from DWS.”
Aminat Onileere, 2019 DWS Summer Intern
“The High Yield program at Deutsche Bank and the ongoing support of Rare recruitment helped me, not only to gain the knowledge and exposure needed to secure an summer internship in the GTB Division, but also the confidence to apply. Through the program I was able to gain an insight into all divisions of DB and spend some time shadowing individuals working in those I preferred most. Alongside the practical experience gained from spending time at the London office, Rare was able to provide extra coaching and support by email, through interactive webinars, CV sessions and mock interviews. The exposure to the business and the accompanying support from J at DB and Andrew from Rare equipped me with the skills and knowledge to tackle the application process and the motivation to want to succeed, and I now look forward to continuing to develop thanks to their support.”
Hannah Grennan, 2019 Global Transaction Banking Summer Intern
In order to be eligible for the High Yield programme, you must be:
- A first year (or second year on a four year course) undergraduate student, of any subject discipline
- From a lower socioeconomic group - this might include eligibility for free school meals, means-tested grants and bursaries, or the experience of other forms of social disadvantage.
In partnership with: